Home is in your head
Simabo’s Hostel offers 9 rooms which are simply furnished but have everything you need for a relaxing stay. There are 3 large shared bathrooms and some rooms have a private bathroom and/or balcony. We do not have a boiler for hot showers but after a warm Cape Verdian day the water temperature is just about right!
A fully equipped communal kitchen is at your disposal as well as a large communal living room. We also offer vegan breakfasts and meals which you can order separately.
The hostel is 300m from the beach and main square, 200m from a small supermarket, and about 15mins walking distance from the ferry to Santa Antao (we also sell ferry tickets!).
Final Note: The Cape Verdian government now charges a mandatory 2€ “Tourist tax” which is not included in our prices but can be paid separately.
Score given by our guests:
All prices are per room and per night:
what our guests say about us
“Super friendly staff, very welcoming and informative. Would definitely come back again.”
“Location, friendly and helpful staff, the fact that all the profits go to charity to support animals, clean.”
“Great room, with a nice view, very clean, renovated, but well kept style. Kicthen facilities available. Kind staff.”
“Simabo’s backpackers hostel in Mindelo is a great place to stay with its friendly, welcoming Italian couple who work so hard to look after both guests and stray animals. Sylvia and Paulo are helpful with all enquiries, easy to approach and have suggestions for what to do whilst in Mindelo.”
“La casa è grande e accogliente, con varie tipologie di stanze e spazi in comune molto comodi. Terrazze nei diversi piani e cucina attrezzata bene. Silvia è rapida e precisa, consiglio un passaggio nel suo ostello.”
“Excellente adresse à Mindelo grâce à une équipe en or qui m’a accueilli comme un prince. Les chambres sont vastes et confortables avec à chaque étage une salle de bain et une cuisine collective au rdc. Un endroit rare à réserver sans plus attendre.”
“Hostel is really clean and there is everything you need (kitchen facilities etc.). It is not noisy at all. There is a really beautiful view from the terrace. Location is not perfect but not too far from the centre either.”
“The best spot in Mindelo, all time easy going people, good location and very close to Laginha beach. Superclean facilities as well as friendly owners. Enjoyed staying in this place.”
do you need further help?
We can help you with:
policies and conditions
- Check in is from 07:00 to 19:00 and check out is before 11.00.
- Please send us a message or give a ring if you arrive later.
- Cancellation policy: at least 24 hours before arrival.
- Tourist tax (2€/person/night) is not included.
- Breakfast is not included but can be requested separately.
- For the comfort of other guests all our rooms are non smoking.
- Payment upon arrival by cash only (sorry for the inconvenience).
- We will provide you with keys so there is no curfew.
- We are a LBGT friendly hostel.
- Consumables (soap, toilet paper, dish-soap, salt/sugar, coffee/tee)
are not provided.
- Please take good care of your belongings as we do not have the resources to help you recover items that get stolen or go missing.
- Though we know it can be tempting please refrain from taking animals (or people..) from the street into our hostel.
- Due to a series of unfortunate incidents we ask our guests to leave a 20€ deposit that will be refunded after returning the keys and leaving the room in a reasonable state.
Thank you for your understanding and your support!
book a room
Fill the form below to check availability a room at Simabo’s Hostel.
This is only a request form. If rooms are available you will receive a confirmation email.
Become a simabo's hero
Join our tribe and get notified about important updates (no spam).
By signing in, you will receive also a special Simabo's hero certificate!
What are you waiting for?